foxtrot129

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
So I recently upgraded my PC Ram, GPU and psu. I will post my specs below but the issue I am running into is on most games I am getting solid fps as expected with my upgrade but on bf5 I should be around 90fps being conservative and instead I get around 60 with stutters and drops frequently. I noticed I was using around 95-100% CPU usage with no lie 10% or less GPU usage? I was told it could be my monitor bottlenecking my graphics card? I cant say I've ever heard of that before but then again maybe? Any input would be appreciated it seams to only be bf5 and now that I think of it bf1 as well.
Specs
Mobo msi g45 z87 gaming mobo
GPU evga rtx 2080 oc
CPU i7-4770k running at 3.5 ghz
RAM ddr3 1866mhz (dont remember the brand off the top of my head.
PSU Corsair 850w gold rated modular psu
The game is on my 1tb hdd 7200rpm until I upgrade to an ssd
Ssd 120gb for my os.
Monitor is a 60hz Asus 1080p monitor its junk but gets the job done for now. I also have s displayport to hdmi for the monitor

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
Not your monitor bottlenecking your graphics card, however you did mention you have a displayport to hdmi for the monitor? Are you using an adapter? Try to always use the same type of signal like display port to display or HDMI to HDMI since there will be some attenuation loss and plus adapters are never as reliable as they should be. Otherwise make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed and get rid of that HDD! Good luck.

foxtrot129

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
8 or 16 Gb of RAM?
Have you tried overclocking your cup?
I have 16gb of ram and I dont have an adapter for the monitor it's a straight cable that's is just converted. I agree I always try to use hdmi to hdmi or vise versa but I have my oculus taking up my only hdmi port. I also have tried to overclock my CPU and haven't really been to lucky with it. I've gotten 4ghz out of it but after a few hours it will blue screen. Then again It was years ago and i used the oc genie on the mobo which is shit.

D

Deleted member 217926