aikorush

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
So this is really weird but, Even with 60FPS i can notice a lot of stutter in the game as if its dropping FPS and makes it unsmooth

I have used fraps, MSI afterburner and even the origin in game frame rate system but , i have constant 60FPS and even everytime i stutter the framerate stays at 60FPS
My frames barely go below 50 even let alone 55
Anybody know what in the world is going on here???
Could it be some ingame issue or something

My specs

Samsung UHD QLED 4K monitor
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
16GB DDR4 RAM 2400mhz
AMD Ryzen 1600 at 3.7Ghz
Win10 64bit

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
well fps isnt really the metric used for smoothness, yes you can get 50-60fps but if your pc is slow, in your case your CPU is a limiting factor in your performance.
what happens here is, your pc cant process the transition of frames fast enough.

but you can also check your temperature see if you get thermal throttled somewhere in your system, use something like hwinfo or MSI afterburner.

So this is really weird but, Even with 60FPS i can notice a lot of stutter in the game as if its dropping FPS and makes it unsmooth

I have used fraps, MSI afterburner and even the origin in game frame rate system but , i have constant 60FPS and even everytime i stutter the framerate stays at 60FPS
My frames barely go below 50 even let alone 55
Anybody know what in the world is going on here???
Could it be some ingame issue or something

My specs

Samsung UHD QLED 4K monitor
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
16GB DDR4 RAM 2400mhz
AMD Ryzen 1600 at 3.7Ghz
Win10 64bit

Are you playing at 4k resolution?!

That CPU will struggle even under the best conditions with BFV. Not to mention the slow RAM.

aikorush

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
Are you playing at 4k resolution?!

That CPU will struggle even under the best conditions with BFV. Not to mention the slow RAM.

I can play at 4K resolution all fine, this never happend before actually
Why would it stutter even if it says 60fps

If it is stuttering wont the numbers drop down???
If i keep target on 120fps target the numbers can go upto 70 to 80fps even without dropping below 60
Yet i notice stutter even on 80fps(The fps never go down below 50 and barely ever below 60)

aikorush

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
well fps isnt really the metric used for smoothness, yes you can get 50-60fps but if your pc is slow, in your case your CPU is a limiting factor in your performance.
what happens here is, your pc cant process the transition of frames fast enough.

but you can also check your temperature see if you get thermal throttled somewhere in your system, use something like hwinfo or MSI afterburner.

I did notice my CPU temp going to 80 degrees

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
80c is pretty hot for a cpu, im assuming you are running the stock cooler? if so id suggest you get a aftermarket one something from be quiet, cooler master or noctua or a good AIO like the kraken x52 or some of ID coolings frost/dashflow lineup of 240mm AIO.

but again 60fps doesnt mean smooth, your cpu is not bad but is a slow one so its probably why you get such bad frametimes hence the stuttering. since BFV is CPU intensive.

aikorush

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
80c is pretty hot for a cpu, im assuming you are running the stock cooler? if so id suggest you get a aftermarket one something from be quiet, cooler master or noctua or a good AIO like the kraken x52 or some of ID coolings frost/dashflow lineup of 240mm AIO.

but again 60fps doesnt mean smooth, your cpu is not bad but is a slow one so its probably why you get such bad frametimes hence the stuttering. since BFV is CPU intensive.

Oh i see
I toned down my OC to 3.5ghz and most of the stuttering stopped now! but it does stutter sometimes at 64 player intensive conquest modes
I better upgrade my CPU right?
If so whats the cheapest upgrade i could make for a decent gameplay without stutter(AMD CPUs only since i have an AM4+ mobo)

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
well if you can wait, ryzen 3rd gen is coming so you might see a significant increase in performance. thats around july.

but if you cant wait that long, r7 2700/x would be a good upgrade for you. along with an aftermarket cooler.