Question Bicolored glitched screen upon program closure after Win10 update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2019
Good evening! 😄

Last night I installed Win10 April update, after being pushed by the system into doing so.

The problem is - one of my main programs now, when closed down, simply glitches my screen in a really odd manner.

I have updated my gfx card driver, and I have turned high contrast mode off (it's usually on). I never had any issue with the program, until this update.

I need to make use of this program on a daily basis, many times a day, and I can't afford to keep restarting my PC Everytime (which 'fixes' the screen).. 😓

What kind of data may I need to provide, in order to find out what to go after or do? I don't know if this issue is related to the monitor, to the graphic card, or to my system..

Many thanks in advance! 🙏

IMG-20190810-234514210.jpg

Aug 10, 2019
I have tried everything, and the same glitched screen happens.. at times red, blue, sepia, red (as in the image below).. it's crazy.. and as soon as that program closes.

I found out logging off the win user fixes it, but, it's still hard to understand what is causing this, and how to fix it..

The specs ↓

screenshot-22099.png

screenshot-22100.png

screenshot-22101.png

screenshot-22102.png

IMG-20190811-021654760.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019
Small update: It seems that when I terminate the program through task manager, the issue is not triggered.. Still, not sure if it works 100% of the time - I tried closing normally afterwards, and the problem took place once again..

Aug 10, 2019
The psu is admittedly a generic one.. Not any big brand, from what I recall.. But it's never proved to be any problematic. I think it may be something related to the gpu indeed.

It only happens when I close the program through the X. If I finish it through task manager, nothing happens..

Status
Not open for further replies.