BIG audigy problems

G

I just bought the audigy player, games like unreal tournament and stuff work great.. newer demos like comanche 4 work too .. But I experienced great problems with flaskmpeg when it comes to mp3 compression.. my system slows down and flask crashes after a while..
When i run the creative diagnostics 2 utility , I start the testing and after one second it reports this error "ctcplfw caused in ctdproxy.dll an error"(please excuse my bad german-english translation...). Same situation when I try to test new settings in the surround mixer extended application.
This happens under Windows ME with ALL the latest patches and drivers installed.

My System :

Abit kt7a-raid
t-bird 1.4 ghz
256 mb Infineon
MSI Geforce 3 822 rev.2 @ 230/550 mhz
2 x Seagate ST360021A 60 GB
Plextor 24/10/40
Pioneer 116F
Soundblaster Audigy Player
Techno Trend DVB-S
3com 10/100 mbit
Antec Big Tower (5x80,1x92)
Enermax 431 watt

By the way, MANY other people have similar problems with the audigy, for example take a look at the european creative audigy forum :

http://www.europe.creative.com/audigy/forums/thread.asp?thre=10068

after the initial soundblaster live/via issues, I thought they got smarter and do more tests with their new products, but it is a shame !

The answers I received from the creative support folks are a big joke ! So, I hope the thg staff can move something, or better kick them in the ar** ...

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
u have all the latest drivers but is the sound carrd in PCI slot 3. This slot (i have no idea why) seems to work well with sound cards. If that doesn't work try to return the card and get either a Game theater XP, Santa Cruz, or Accoustic Edge.

My system: <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946</A>

FatBurger

Illustrious
A lot of people (like me and Crashman, for example), don't like Creative Labs because of their crappy drivers. This is another example. Sorry :(

<font color=orange>Quarter <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

Today I have just wasted my rare "quality-time" with testing procedures. I swapped the audigy into my p4 system, and even in my good old p3 system.
And guess what ?
It does not work properly in both.
I got various crashes when it comes to test new settings in surround mixer and there is no use of flask with mp3 compression possible.

The only way to get all systems work again with flask and stuff is to uninstall all creative labs tools except the device drivers. But this "solution" is ofcourse not acceptable !

c't which is the biggest and most reliable computer magazine here in germany , just reviewed the audigy player card. They experienced reproducable system crashes with a Gigabyte ga 7dx motherboard and a geforce 3 card in some games and some of their tv-tuner cards did not like the audigy too.

I hope for new stable drivers/software, maybe the soon to be released windows xp driverset will do fine. I guess they take microsoft more serious than the average people buying their products. So their upcoming drivers should be an positive xperience -)