Big Brother is Listening: Facebook Will Detect Movies, Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusty13

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
actions like this are the reason why i would NEVER install a fb-app on my phone ... there is a browser for that if i really feel the need to log into fb on a 4"-5" screen but i doubt i will ever get this bored ...

also the constant "optimization" only results in the actually intersting stuff not showing up on your page anymore if you do not like that particular site or comment on that particular persons posts every 0.5 nanoseconds.

fb is becoming increasingly crappy - sad thing is its the biggest fish out there and the one where you find pretty much everyone.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
Glad I never actually joined FB. no pictures, no address or phn number, just an email address I can toss away on a whim. FB can go to hell. And Google, despite having Google Fiber, is really no different...

Mind your business, Social Media!

You can always sign up for FB and use a fake name with a BS spam email account (and use another BS spam email account to use that email account to set it up with). I have one for my online gaming buds only. Sometimes I feel I miss out with others on FB because nobody sends mass emails anymore with news, pictures of their vacations, etc. Everything is social media now. It's a double edged sword though. Even trying to get a job these days if you do not have a social media account under your real name, you are looked on with suspicion and "what are you hiding."

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
You can always sign up for FB and use a fake name with a BS spam email account (and use another BS spam email account to use that email account to set it up with). I have one for my online gaming buds only. Sometimes I feel I miss out with others on FB because nobody sends mass emails anymore with news, pictures of their vacations, etc. Everything is social media now. It's a double edged sword though. Even trying to get a job these days if you do not have a social media account under your real name, you are looked on with suspicion and "what are you hiding."
And that really has to stop. It's nobody's and the whole world's damn business what you do in your personal time or who your friends and family are. When this country gets back to minding their own business, things will work out for the better. but with this constant prying and trying to seek dirt on others, this country will be in a civil war over personal rights on and off line.

It's like this country has turned into a bunch of gossiping hens at a coffee shop. Why in the hell are businesses trying to turn us into "The View??!?"

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I am confused. EVEN AFTER FACEBOOK WAS BUSTED FOR STEALING ALL, repeat ALL, end users TEXT messages (including attachments), EMAILs and CONTACTS and uploading them to the facebook server to be sold who the highest bidder... AND saying they will keep the information FOREVER... people still use the phone app, and none the less facebook itself?! IF YOU HAVE THE FACEBOOK APP ON YOUR PHONE, your information STILL gets auto uploaded to FACEBOOK. There is NOOOOO way to opt out.

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
I am confused. EVEN AFTER FACEBOOK WAS BUSTED FOR STEALING ALL, repeat ALL, end users TEXT messages (including attachments), EMAILs and CONTACTS and uploading them to the facebook server to be sold who the highest bidder... AND saying they will keep the information FOREVER... people still use the phone app, and none the less facebook itself?! IF YOU HAVE THE FACEBOOK APP ON YOUR PHONE, your information STILL gets auto uploaded to FACEBOOK. There is NOOOOO way to opt out.

You have any links to this busted for stealing. I remember someone saying something about this before but I can't seem to find anything on google, or I dont have the right search terms to bring up the articles.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
My Facebook is my public profile. Since the need for it, in order to not look suspicious without facebook, I have one and I update immaculate ideas I would not mind employers and employees to know. That includes science promotion, religion bashing, but not what I do on the weekends.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I've never had a potential employer ask for my social media information (and I work in the tech sector), which is great since I don't have a FB account (or Twitter, etc). People talk about this, but I can't recall anyone I know ever being asked for social media info. Employers probably search for it themselves though.

I do have a LinkedIn account (pretty much mandatory in IT), but that only contains my work history and connections to colleagues. I only log in to the site to accept connections from coworkers or to update my info when looking for work.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

LOL, what a load of crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS