Big changes coming?

Solution

I totally, 100% believe you. However, the part you don't mention is advertising policy. The main reason I read Anandtech over Tom's for information is that on...
I;m talking about these little beasties - if I move my cursor over the page, I have to constantly dodge them

lQVYbD5.jpg

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
There are literally next to no changes coming, to either site--at least, not in terms of how they operate. AnandTech works just fine the way they are. We have no plans to mess with it. Both are remaining separate. Purch's acquisition of AnandTech just means they have more backing and more resources. Everybody on both sides just needs to calm down, take a breath, and realize that this is not the end of the world. AnandTech will continue down the path that it has been going. There will be no personnel changes, no editorial shifts, no changes in focus. This is a good thing! :)

I totally, 100% believe you. However, the part you don't mention is advertising policy. The main reason I read Anandtech over Tom's for information is that on Tom's I have to keep dodging those pop-up mines that is being laid all over the site. It's not even as if I have to click - my mouse passes over it and whoom! there's a pop-up obscuring the text I'm trying to read.

I wish I can see statistics for the efficiency of that type of advertisement - and of course, revenue to the site operator.

I usually don't enable pop-up blockers, but... maybe it's time I review my policy as well. :)

Solution