Question Big difference?

spardason

Honorable
Jan 9, 2019
So i have a ryzen 5 2400g paired with a GTX 1060 mostly for gaming (yes, entry level gaming) but every game i own i have been able to play it in high settings with more than 60 fps (the witcher 3, fallout4, far cry primal, etc...)...now i find this game, which is far cry 5 and im interested in buying it, but the recommended settings says it needs at least a ryzen 1600 (which is still superior to my 2400g)...does that mean my CPU wont be able to run this game at high settings? this is not the first case i've seen where the recommended settings ask for a 1600 or 2600...is my CPU falling short?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't expect a 2400g to hold back a 1060 very much if at all in far cry 5, if you had a more powerful GPU there may be more of a performance difference in game between a 2400g and 1600. So basically what settings you will be able to play at with at decent framerate will be determined by your 1060. A 1080p I would expect you to be able to get high settings or close to it with 60fps or close to it in FC5.

Nothing wrong with playing a game at less than high settings if you want to play the game. Usually when running around and shooting at things you don't stop to count how many trees and leaves are rendered or how nice the shadows look. It can take a side by side comparison to see what setting you are on.