Big doubt if going for Asus or MSI...

Oct 4, 2018
Hi, i am having a struggling with this decision.. I have a 1070Ti Strix, and going to buy a new motherboard.. But don't want to waste a lot of money.. Is it going to be a problem if i pick an MSI z370-a pro insted of an Asus?

Solution
Not a BIG problem, but it's a pretty even consensus across the board with most experienced builders that the quality of ASUS boards, and the quality of their support, is considerably better than MSI when it comes to motherboards. MSI has a much better rep in the area of graphics cards, but they've had, and continue to have, some quality control issues especially on their budget to mid grade boards. Their high end boards have had a few hit or miss issues too.

I generally recommend sticking to ASUS or ASRock, even Gigabyte, when it comes to motherboards. To each their own though. If the price difference is significant, then go with the MSI board.
Not a BIG problem, but it's a pretty even consensus across the board with most experienced builders that the quality of ASUS boards, and the quality of their support, is considerably better than MSI when it comes to motherboards. MSI has a much better rep in the area of graphics cards, but they've had, and continue to have, some quality control issues especially on their budget to mid grade boards. Their high end boards have had a few hit or miss issues too.

I generally recommend sticking to ASUS or ASRock, even Gigabyte, when it comes to motherboards. To each their own though. If the price difference is significant, then go with the MSI board.

Solution
Yeah, as far as compatibility is concerned, there is nothing to be concerned about. All brands of GPU card work with all brands of motherboard. It's only the slot standards and specs that matter, not the brand or manufacturer.

It didn't seem like that is what was being asked, but maybe it was now that I look at it again. Either way, I'd probably still offer the same answer regarding MSI motherboards and the tendency for poor QC.

TRENDING THREADS