Question Big issues's with dual monitor setup (different resolutions)

FirePhoenix115

Reputable
Nov 17, 2015
Hi everyone,

I used to have a dual monitor setup made out of 2 1920x1080 monitors and i never had an issue, now i decided to replace my second monitor with a 2560x1440 @ 144hz and made that my main monitor.

so i made my old main monitor my second monitor but now i keep having these issue's that games launch on the second monitor even though my main 144hz monitor is set as main monitor in GPU and windows settings.

Also as soon as i change settings in a game the main monitor sometimes jumps out of range and goes in to standby for some reason even though i set the settings to it's native resolution so that would not make any sense.

it kinda feels like windows still thinks that that old main monitor (the 1080 one) is still the main one somewhere behind the settings.

also this weird thing happens when i leave my pc and both monitors go in to standby i hear a connection sound as soon as i wake the pc up and all my open windows have moved to my main 144hz display as if someone disconnected the second monitor while i was gone even though i set it up to never power off.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY