Big problem.... PC won't boot.....

Hello.
I have a ASUS P4P800 DELUXE and it was running fine till today.
For some reasson the BIOS set itself for default and now when I turn my PC
on I have no image in the screen and the BIOS post (Voice) says something
like boot failure computer or something fialure computer.
I had tryed to change Graphics, Ram, CPU, PSU, HDD and it keeps giving me
the same error.
I know for a fact that all the hardware used to test this is working
properlly.
Anyone????
Cheers
Carlos

"Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I have a ASUS P4P800 DELUXE and it was running fine till today.
> For some reasson the BIOS set itself for default and now when I turn my PC
> on I have no image in the screen and the BIOS post (Voice) says something
> like boot failure computer or something fialure computer.
> I had tryed to change Graphics, Ram, CPU, PSU, HDD and it keeps giving me
> the same error.
> I know for a fact that all the hardware used to test this is working
> properlly.
> Anyone????
> Cheers
> Carlos

Hi,

I had the same problem with an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe, was working fine one
minute, next it would not boot
and getting boot failure message, I swapped processor, memory and unplugged
all drives etc, all to no avail,
I ended up having to get it replaced under warranty which took nearly 2
weeks for a new board to be sent
out to me from ASUS.

--

Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)

Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

Checked by McAfee anti-virus system www.mcafee.com
Version: 7.03.6000 Scan Engine 4.3.20
Virus Database: 4385 - Release Date: 11/08/2004.

"Snøøp¥" <snoopy2004¬THE@CR@P¬blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> > I have a ASUS P4P800 DELUXE and it was running fine till today.
> > For some reasson the BIOS set itself for default and now when I turn my
PC
> > on I have no image in the screen and the BIOS post (Voice) says
something
> > like boot failure computer or something fialure computer.
> > I had tryed to change Graphics, Ram, CPU, PSU, HDD and it keeps giving
me
> > the same error.
> > I know for a fact that all the hardware used to test this is working
> > properlly.
> > Anyone????
> > Cheers
> > Carlos
> >

> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem with an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe, was working fine one
> minute, next it would not boot
> and getting boot failure message, I swapped processor, memory and
unplugged
> all drives etc, all to no avail,
> I ended up having to get it replaced under warranty which took nearly 2
> weeks for a new board to be sent
> out to me from ASUS.
>
> --
>
> Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)
>
> Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

> Checked by McAfee anti-virus system www.mcafee.com
> Version: 7.03.6000 Scan Engine 4.3.20
> Virus Database: 4385 - Release Date: 11/08/2004.

Hello.
Mine's about 13 months old now and I bought it when I was in Canada on
Holliday.
The warranty is what????? 1 year???

> "Snøøp¥" <snoopy2004¬THE@CR@P¬blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello.
>> > I have a ASUS P4P800 DELUXE and it was running fine till today.
>> > For some reasson the BIOS set itself for default and now when I turn my
> PC
>> > on I have no image in the screen and the BIOS post (Voice) says
> something
>> > like boot failure computer or something fialure computer.
>> > I had tryed to change Graphics, Ram, CPU, PSU, HDD and it keeps giving
> me
>> > the same error.
>> > I know for a fact that all the hardware used to test this is working
>> > properlly.
>> > Anyone????
>> > Cheers
>> > Carlos
>> >

>> Hi,
>>
>> I had the same problem with an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe, was working fine one
>> minute, next it would not boot
>> and getting boot failure message, I swapped processor, memory and
> unplugged
>> all drives etc, all to no avail,
>> I ended up having to get it replaced under warranty which took nearly 2
>> weeks for a new board to be sent
>> out to me from ASUS.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)
>>
>> Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

>> Checked by McAfee anti-virus system www.mcafee.com
>> Version: 7.03.6000 Scan Engine 4.3.20
>> Virus Database: 4385 - Release Date: 11/08/2004.
>>

> Hello.
> Mine's about 13 months old now and I bought it when I was in Canada on
> Holliday.
> The warranty is what????? 1 year???
> Cheers
> ~Carlos

Yes 1yr i'm affraid.

--

> "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Snøøp¥" <snoopy2004¬THE@CR@P¬blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> >>

> >> "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> > PC
> > something
> > me
> >> >

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I had the same problem with an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe, was working fine one
> >> minute, next it would not boot
> >> and getting boot failure message, I swapped processor, memory and
> > unplugged
> >> all drives etc, all to no avail,
> >> I ended up having to get it replaced under warranty which took nearly 2
> >> weeks for a new board to be sent
> >> out to me from ASUS.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)
> >>
> >> Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

> >> Checked by McAfee anti-virus system www.mcafee.com
> >> Version: 7.03.6000 Scan Engine 4.3.20
> >> Virus Database: 4385 - Release Date: 11/08/2004.
> >>

> > Hello.
> > Mine's about 13 months old now and I bought it when I was in Canada on
> > Holliday.
> > The warranty is what????? 1 year???
> > Cheers
> > ~Carlos
> >

> Yes 1yr i'm affraid.
>

> --
>

> Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)
>
> Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

> Checked by McAfee anti-virus system www.mcafee.com
> Version: 7.03.6000 Scan Engine 4.3.20
> Virus Database: 4385 - Release Date: 11/08/2004.

I just went to asus website and there's there a three year warranty for
motherboards purchased after the November 1st, 1999 will carry 3 year
standard warranty services worldwide. One year limited warranty is given to
purchase made prior to this date. So I guess I'm luky after all....

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/english/techref/warranty/index.aspx

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:36:25 GMT Its all about soul.No soul,no life
and then "Carlos Arruda" <carlos@carlos-arruda.com> wrote :

>Hello.
>I have a ASUS P4P800 DELUXE and it was running fine till today.
>For some reasson the BIOS set itself for default and now when I turn my PC
>on I have no image in the screen and the BIOS post (Voice) says something
>like boot failure computer or something fialure computer.
>I had tryed to change Graphics, Ram, CPU, PSU, HDD and it keeps giving me
>the same error.
>I know for a fact that all the hardware used to test this is working
>properlly.
>Anyone????
>Cheers
>Carlos

Have you tried changing the CMOS battery.They are cheap.You can get
them loads of places like,"Staples" or ADSA(WallMart) usually a
2032.Duracell are good.
HTH :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,