Question Big problem with Nvidia drivers ?

Aug 10, 2022
Hello. So recently I have been dealing with problems with my PC such that when I played games it would crash with a black screen. So I tried to resolve it by using Gurud 3d to uninstall everything nvidia, because I believed it was a problem with my GPU drivers, I have a nvidia 1660 super. And it worked a little to good. Now I can't install anything Nvidia, neither the drivers nor GE.

blaB0T0.png

This appears when I open device manager.

9RoGb0x.png

And this appears when I try to install Geforce Experience.
I can't even install Nvidia control panel from microsoft store.

When I open up MSI After burner nothing appears not even in game only CPU temp.
cyRXz51.png

And when I played tf2 I used to get 200 or more fps now I get only 20.

I really need help guys.

The Device Manager is showing, "Basic Display Adapter", which means the GPU drivers are not installed properly, and/or the system has issues detecting the Nvidia GPU. Is the monitor plugged into the GPU port, or the onboard graphics, assuming your motherboard/CPU supports it ?

What's the make and model number of your PSU ? Provide FULL PC specs as well. Try manually updating the Geforce drivers directly from Nvidia's website. Don't use GFE/Geforce Experience to update drivers for the time being.

Aug 10, 2022
The Device Manager is showing, "Basic Display Adapter", which means the GPU drivers are not installed properly, and/or the system has issues detecting the Nvidia GPU. Is the monitor plugged into the GPU port, or the onboard graphics, assuming your motherboard/CPU supports it ?

What's the make and model number of your PSU ? Provide FULL PC specs as well.

Motherboard :
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M, Chipset B450 AMD

CPU:
Ryzen 7 3700

Ram
Corsair Vengeance LPX, 8GB, 2400MHz, DDR4, CL16

GPU
1660 super

PSU
EVGA 600W 80 Plus White - 100-W1-0600-K

LgY1eCR.png

Try manually updating the Geforce drivers directly from Nvidia's website. Don't use GFE/Geforce Experience to update drivers for the time being.
When I try to install it. It finishes up and then nothing. I really don't know what to do after or if im doing something wrong.

And yeah the monitor is plugged on the GPU.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
sorry for late reply, I had to go to work.

things you can try doing..

1. does your CPU have integrated graphics? Try switching to integrated graphics for awhile. See if the black screens persist.

2, use a different cable to connect the gpu to the monitor.

3. make sure your Windows is up to date with the latest drivers.

4. If your pc does not have integrated graphics.. do you have another gpu at home that still function, or maybe could borrow one from a friend? Try to install it. Check if nvidia drivers could be installed.