[SOLVED] Big problem with PC

Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
My friend bought used PC about 3 months ago and last week it started to cause problems. It wont turn on, only fans spin, I tried with single ram stick and sometimes after many many restarts it turns on and works normally on 4gb stick untill next turn on but with other 4gb it wont. Motherboard model is unknown I cant find it. Now I got only fans spinning when I press power button. It doesnt even boot to bios no picture on iGPU when I connect it neither on my RX 570. Thing that I suspect is faulty MOBO. I really dont know, please help!

Here is list of things I tried:
Replaced thermal paste on CPU
Changed CMOS battery
Tried GPU on another PC
Tried another PSU on this PC
Tried another HDD
Tried another power outlet in other room and other house

PC specs:
Intel i5-2500s
MOBO unknown 2 ram slots
RAM 2x4gb samsung 1333mhz
AMD RX 570 4GB Sapphire Nitro+
500w PSU

Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
Seems like Mobo is dead. That’s why you should not buy prebuilts unless it’s a well known company like Corsair...
I don't know really, PSU is good we tested it on another PC and also tested another PSU on this PC.

Also monitor, keyboard and mouse wont turn on, so only thing that work is those fans spin when I press power button

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Yeah that sounds like the motherboard died on you. I had that same issue happen with an old Pentium 4 system i had ran for 7 years finally the motherboard started acting Exactly how you just described , I thought it was the power supply changed that changed ram change the processor even ,,,

what brand is the pc and model number usually knowing that can find a replacement for the motherboard

Reactions: Wokizni

Wokizni

Commendable
Sep 7, 2019
Yeah that sounds like the motherboard died on you. I had that same issue happen with an old Pentium 4 system i had ran for 7 years finally the motherboard started acting Exactly how you just described , I thought it was the power supply changed that changed ram change the processor even ,,,

what brand is the pc and model number usually knowing that can find a replacement for the motherboard
There is no brand and no model number, pc is refresh build, this company that builds this refresh builds are big scammers. So procesor is i5 2500s (socket 1155) ram is ddr3 1333mhz, if that is what you need, but thank you very much for the help, a friend will buy new motherboard!