Oct 9, 2021
The last couple of days my wifi seems to have a hard time (100mb/s fiber optic connection). Starting with game streaming, geforce now measures over 50mb/s but finds extreme latency (sometimes over 300). Moving on from that, downloading files from the internet is extremely unstable as the download (that reaches a maximum of 3mb/s while it was 12mb/s some days ago) can fall from 3mb/s to around 60kb/s all the time and has a hard time going over 1mb/s. Steaming movies and videos is also painfull sometimes. Trying ethernet the download speed is at 100mb/s and upload is at 10mb/s, which the maximum i can get with my conection.

At first i though the problem was with our new tv because its 4k and its streaming over wifi, but turning it off has no improvement on the wifi speeds.

I've tried restarting the router, re installing windows, checking the drivers, swiching from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz and vice versa, but nothing seems to give the previous speeds.

One more thing, while speed tests show that download is having problems upload is at 10mb/s

Is there chance my wifi card is failing?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

ISP? Make and model modem? Make and model router? Or modem/router if combined?

Verify that only one network adapter either wired or wireless is enabled on your computer. As I understand your post only the wireless network adapter should be enabled.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command prompt and post the results.

You should be able to copy and paste the "ipconfig /all" results in a post without needing to retype it all.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
In the command prompt, type the following lines, pressing enter after each one:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

I would also go into your Windows network settings to change adapter properties and disable ipv6.
Reboot after.
This should fix the issue.