[SOLVED] Big problem.

k3nn00

Commendable
May 17, 2021
Please stick to 1 thread
So I just installed a new gpu (RX560) and I did remove old drivers from nvidia and my PC booted up once and I started to install the gpu drivers and PC restarted and my screen now sometimes says Monitor going to sleep and wont turn on but my PC boots up.

Solution
Are you able to boot into safe mode within Windows? If so, I would do so, and use DDU to remove all the drivers, as it seems like there still may be a conflict with the drivers.

You are seeing you BIOS so the card is working but once Windows goes to load, it sounds like it is having display driver issues so the screen is going blank.

Your PSU is will strong enough for that card.

k3nn00

Commendable
May 17, 2021
So I just got a new GPU and a PSU
GPU is ASUS ROG STRIX RX560 4GB and PSU is Thermaltake tough power 750w ap and I uninstalled old Nvidia drivers and now when I try to turn my PC on with new GPU and PSU it shows the windows loading logo and after a few seconds it says monitor going to sleep what could be the problem?

tecmo34

Administrator
Are you able to boot into safe mode within Windows? If so, I would do so, and use DDU to remove all the drivers, as it seems like there still may be a conflict with the drivers.

You are seeing you BIOS so the card is working but once Windows goes to load, it sounds like it is having display driver issues so the screen is going blank.

Your PSU is will strong enough for that card.

Solution

k3nn00

Commendable
May 17, 2021
Yes I used DDU as you said tried changing the slot and the cable and reinstalling windows but Everytime my PC restarts monitor turns off but PC boots up.
I have AMD PHENOM II X4 955 3.2 GHz
ASUS ROG STRIX RX560 4GB OC
10 GB DDR3
MSI GD70 790FX and TT tough power 750w

k3nn00

Commendable
May 17, 2021
So after installing a new GPU and PSU which are Asus RX560 4GB Evo gaming and Thermaltake toughpower 750w my monitor won't turn on.I used DDU in safe mode with the old card to remove all Nvidia drivers and shut the PC off installed a new GPU and it DOS comes up and starts booting into windows and screen just turns black saying Monitorn going to sleep while PC boots up
Full system specs
AMD PHENOM II X4 955 3.2 GHz black edition
ASUS ROG STRIX RX560 4GB EVO GAMING
MSI GD70 790FX
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 750W
10 GB DDR3
ARCITC FREEZER X COOLER

Ok so in bios boot section make sure it is set to system start: Windows uefi, also under advanced check for system graphics settings/pci settings and make sure it is set to either pci graphics or auto: Then under exit set the system to default. See if any of this keeps your monitor on after booting.

k3nn00

Commendable
May 17, 2021
Ok so in bios boot section make sure it is set to system start: Windows uefi, also under advanced check for system graphics settings/pci settings and make sure it is set to either pci graphics or auto: Then under exit set the system to default. See if any of this keeps your monitor on after booting.
Yes in bios graphic device is set to PCI-E because my gpu is in PCI-E slot and i forgot to mention that I have a HDMI to VGA adapter which HDMI is plugged into the GPU and then into the vga cable that runs into the monitor cold this be a problem?
Also my PC booted up and screen turned on and after installing the drivers and restarting the PC same problem again my screen just wont stay on