Big Problems With Display and Graphics

the mohican

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
I ran into some pretty big problems. the whole thing can be viewed here. I really need help with this because i have no idea what is going on.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/458606248627363790/

thanks in advance! i really need it and is greatly appreciated.

Greg Gregorich

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2014
you wanna clear CSOMS OR just remove BIOS battery for couple minutes and putting it back.i cant find info about motherboard can be it not suporting that GPU or needs BIOS update,but im not sure couse cant see specifications for PCI-E SLOT ON THE CURRENT MOTHERBOARD.

Yes, update the BIOS first. But I don't know the HP will provide the one or not. And keep in mind the r9 290 will draw much more power, which compared to the HD 7850. The cx 600 may not have enough power to power the r9 290.
Also try the r9 290 in other PC to make it works or not, make sure you have other good PSU not the cx600W one. If it works, that means the PSU cx600 can't power the r9 290. If you don't have other PC, try local pc shop or ask your friend for help.

the mohican

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
i tried removing the cmos already, that didnt work. the problem is i cant get to bios because i cant get anything to appear on the screen!

ive asked multiple people before getting the 290 if the cx600 was good enough and everyone said yes. if i could figure out where the troubleshooting speaker goes in the motherboard it might help but i cant find anything on where it goes.

im at a loss. i think its an issue wiht the motherboard but its hard to figure anything out hwen the screen wont get a signal at all :(

it was weird, when the 290 was in (but not working maybe because of bad drivers or need of bios update) the onboard graphics did work on the monitor at one point. i had to unplug and replug it a few times but nevertheless it did work. but then again the card wasnt even detected so not sure if it didnt matter that it was in anyway.... so much confusion