[SOLVED] Bigger monitor than supported by monitor arm

Keithngan162

Honorable
Apr 17, 2016
I have a 44 inch monitor which weighs 9.3 kilograms (head only) and has 100x100 vesa holes.

I want to use a monitor arm I saw on the internet. Its the North Bayou H100. Its rated for 2-12 Kilograms and has a "Maximum Size" of 35 inches. It uses a C-Clamp. Fits well into my budget

Could I still use that monitor arm for my 44 inch monitor since it has compatible vesa holes and weighs less than 12 Kilograms even though the screen is larger than supported? I dont really need the monitor to rotate vertically or anything.

Solution
Iffy. Size requirements are sometimes more than just weight, it's also about mass. During a tilt, there's a lot of stress on joints, bigger the monitor, the more the stress.

Pick up a gallon of milk. Weights just 8lbs or so. Hold it pretty close to your body, and you can hold it all day. Hold it at arms length and I'd give you maybe 2 minutes tops.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Iffy. Size requirements are sometimes more than just weight, it's also about mass. During a tilt, there's a lot of stress on joints, bigger the monitor, the more the stress.

Pick up a gallon of milk. Weights just 8lbs or so. Hold it pretty close to your body, and you can hold it all day. Hold it at arms length and I'd give you maybe 2 minutes tops.

Solution