Bill Gates Championed Satya Nadella as New Microsoft CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I never really lked Bill Gates, Well until Bulmer came along anyway. Good Luck Bill, I hope you can bring the company back to the promise Land again.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Whether you like/dislike Bill Gates/Microsoft there is one thing he did that was instrumental for many of us and that was pave the way to create many, many careers. I've had my frustrations with some of MS products but in the end I have a great career as a result. Also would like to point out Bill came to the rescue of Apple in the late 90's financially. To be fair, it was in Microsoft's best interest to save Apple do due monopoly laws but nonetheless he did.I do hope Bill can get MS back on the innovative track once again...

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I hate to dispel your delusions but Bill's technical influence has never been absent. That includes Kin, Zune, and Windows 8. Him losing the chairmanship likely means even less involvement. Nadella's promotion is partly in response to the major investors that were screaming to ignore the PC and Xbox and instead focus on Azure and Office 365.

aonex

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
that's good news, bill is a leader and a visonary. but please don't compare jobs with him, because jobs is not even in the same league.
I know it's too unfair to Bill. He doesn't come close to Jobs. :p
You mean as a narcissist that only cared about hoarding money? Yup, Jobs was on a whole other level.

Status
Not open for further replies.