Bill Gates Gladly Admits That He's a Geek, And His Kids Are Still Banned From Ap

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I hope this means we won't be seeing his kids joining in on this ridiculous reality TV bandwagon.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
btw...I thought it was given AND old news that Gates' kids don't have Apple products AND they have to work for themselves...

and so what people calls him geek, nerd, weirdo, ect....he's a RICH geek, nerd, weirdo, ect...

and too many people, especially the descendents of the affluent family, think they somehow deserve from the works of their previous generation when all they have is the family name...

good for Gates to make their children work for living instead of living off the family fortune...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Bill Gates will be viewed in centuries to come not as a rich business man but as a great humanitarian.

If the foundation works the way it's supposed to he will have saved literally millions of lives.

Someone ring Nobel and put up for a nomination.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]Steve Jobs should take the Bill Gates course on how to be a human being.[/citation]
Lol'd so hard

verbalizer

Distinguished
QUESTION:
But wasn't the entire windows concept built on DOS that he basically stole for a minimal sum of money from the developing company and then stomped them out of business.?
they couldn't even take him to court and get a fair amount.?
If indeed that's (I'm asking because I do not know myself, only hearsay. Someone please clear it up for me) true then I will not like him even with all his charity work.. it's probably charity work because of all the people and businesses he crushed along the way and his conscious is getting at his old ass.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]stevie may be more human than bill , but his policies are less humane[/citation]

If a corpse looking figure with the glare of a car salesman is the general definition of human well, the world is SOO screwed!

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Banned kids from Apple? Nice, but for wrong reasons. Instead of explaining them how there're better alternatives, he just makes them use Zune =) Lol.

Okay, so Gates stole DOS from someone else, it's common knowledge by now. So what? Any businessman out there who wouldn't do the same? Grow up... there're no saints in business. Besides, I don't care where he stole it, Windows has been kicking ass so far :D

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
If Bill stole DOS he has given more back than he took, and certainly given more back than any other company would have if they had been in the driving seat.

This is more like Robin Hood.

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
I have been in IT for years, and remember when Bill was just an everyday person, Than in 92-96 he became The Bill Gates everyone knows. I have read many books. Never had the chance to meet him, but that would be great. I think he is one of the most stand up persons, say what you want, but Gates is the Man.........

Good job Bill... as an IT person. Many of us miss your input.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I wouldn't be so quick to put Bill on a pedestal as so many posters seem to be doing. Dig around the internet on his relations with Bilderberg, eugenics, planned parenthood, Pacific Ethanol and biofuels, GMO crops, vaccine research, and even the fact he change his money to Euros (that has to say something about what he thinks of America).

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]lol, if i was given 10 million in cash I wouldn't have to work another day in my life, nor go to school.[/citation]
And you would probably end up like this bit of human flotsam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Carroll_(lottery_winner)

Rich or poor, you should always aspire to do more.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]I wouldn't be so quick to put Bill on a pedestal as so many posters seem to be doing. Dig around the internet on his relations with Bilderberg, eugenics, planned parenthood, Pacific Ethanol and biofuels, GMO crops, vaccine research, and even the fact he change his money to Euros (that has to say something about what he thinks of America).[/citation]
OK if this is going to gravitate around paranoid NWO fantasies just GTFO right now, i'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about it. When anyone does a good thing there's always some goddam pinhead thinking there's a conspiracy - to do what? Save lives? Hand out vaccines? Contribute to the world's most vulnerable?
Go buy a Greenpeace badge and STFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.