Bill Gates Happy That Apple Pay Is Built On Open Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think the real surprise here is Apple supporting an open standard. I think Bill Gates has reached his life goal of opening Apple to an inclusive environment rather than an exclusive environment.

Li Ken-un

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
ISIS is the real problem. BOO to ISIS! I hoep the carriers will be forced to keep their paws off iOS's Apple Pay the same way they can't install crapware on it.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I'm not really interested in NFC payments, unless they can make them a whole lot more secure. Personally I'm glad credit cards with integrated security chips are finally being deployed in the US in the near future.

JayriAvieock

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014

Google uses virtual prepaid Mastercard cards to pay for the transaction when you use tap and pay. so if the card number ever got stolen no more money can be taken out of said card number because it was only prepaid for the amount you paid for at the time of the transaction.

Jack_Hass

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
"Microsoft doesn't have a competing solution right now, but Gates implied the company will eventually enter this space, too." lol k

D Gates

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2014
Windows Phone's Wallet Hub doesn't need or want its own proprietary service. You can add debit/credit cards directly and tie in third parties like PayPal. It could even support Google Wallet and Apple Pay if their creators desired.

Bill Gates has one of the best jobs ever. He and his wife spend their time giving away billions to promote education and fight disease and poverty. Glad to see another multibillionaire using his power for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.