Bill Gates: Microsoft Bob to Make a Return (in Concept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I actually used Clippy quite a bit. He accessed the help docs in Office and when you're doing stuff in Excel and Access and just need to pull up function parameters it was a fast and easy way to do it.

favorite office assistant ever was a Red vs Blue Sarge mod for office. It would have ignorant comments to say while you were working, and it would yell at you if you stopped for any length of time. I would love for other similar virtual assistants to make a comeback... but maybe with them actually being useful from time to time.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I actually used Clippy quite a bit. He accessed the help docs in Office and when you're doing stuff in Excel and Access and just need to pull up function parameters it was a fast and easy way to do it.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
My god, they're finally admitting to Bob?! Years ago when I worked as an outsource partner for Microsoft, for a short time we had access to a server in Redmond called Big Bertha which contained every single product Microsoft had produced to that point (up to '97) with the exception of one item, Bob. It was not among the products listed even though there was things like DOS 4 (for those that don't know, DOS 4 only saw the light of day for about 2 weeks before it was replaced by DOS 5).

Whenever we asked people at Microsof that worked in the OS side of things about various OSes, whenever we brought up Bob they would act coy and deny knownledge of it.

So, color me shocked that Bill is admitting to the existance of Bob now after Microsoft tried so hard to sweep Bob under the rug.

drbaltazar

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
Hahaha !bcdedit /set ??????(we all say latest tsc version!

Bill(in old days called Bob)says:this setting is not recommended please wait while I revert those setting!ya I am sure everybody will love bill.fix it is a step in the right direction .sadly most normal user are ahead of fix it by a few genof window.only relevant Intel is from their server side or powershell sadly those are rarely full made command ..again something that is like : OK now first you press start to put computer on.press again to shut it off etc etc etc.if at least they used site like speed guide.net or old kadaitcha.CX to give ms idea gees

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012

God I would love for that to return, forget usefullness, I just want sarge or even caboose saying stupid things to me while I work. Or even Tex, "you cock biting fucktards" bwahahaha love it

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Bit off topic, but maybe Bob could sort me an answer for it - I upgraded Win 7 to Win 8 back in November and the install was around around 21Gb and that included switching off the Hiber file and the swap file (12gig of ram, who needs it) so last night I decided to do a fresh install instead of the upgrade, to prepare for the 8.1, so after removing the Hiber file and swap file I topped out the install at 8.4Gb - I wonder if Bob could advise me why I have such a small OS footprint?

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Bill must really, really not like Win 8 being compared to New Coke. Or, he is just reminding us what happens when Microsoft tries to innovate.

Status
Not open for further replies.