Billions of colors nowhere to be found.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
When you're looking at Acers XB271HK monitor you REALLY starting to drool, I least I am. It's 4K so it'll give you amazing resolution to play games or work or create, it's IPS so panel viewing angles should be amazing from almost all positions and finally it's 100% sRGB color accuracy with 1.07 BILLIONS of colors that can be reproduced by the panel, so next time you watch that movie or that game you'll love every second of it, and photos WOW they're amazing ...or are they.

Well. I guess it's my fault but do you see anywhere where it's saying you need special damn video card to do this ? Anywhere ? It least under 1.07 billion with nice -->*<--- STAR with something like

* = Quaddrpo card is required to get that many colors, otherwise you're stuck just like rest of people with 16 million. (or something)

Anyhow. So no way to get this thing to show 10bit ? Only Quaddro Cards can do it ? I have 1080ti and it's showing nice 10bit HDR to TV. But I guess monitor via DisplayPort is different ball game ?

If someone knows please confirm.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

Thank you for your answer and that's EXACTLY what I thought ! Unfortunately it's not. I tried doing some research no one can get it done. I see video on youtube on how to turn it on, it simply don't work.

Take a look. Unless I am something incorrectly I should see 10 bit , 8 bit. I don't. Take a look also 2 monitors I have and cards in second image.

IT's totally possible I am doing something wrong BUT from what I understand quaddro works out of the box nothing needed no setting no nothing.

And this is cards I have:

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

May be it's confusing but may be it's monitor that's not working properly because 10 Bit HDR (that is what you mentioned) works perfectly on my 4K Samsung TV over HDMI.

But I am talking about 10 bit colors (not HDR) billions of colors as they describe it. That is what I want to get done.

TRENDING THREADS