[SOLVED] Bios 32 Mb vs 64 Mb, specifically for 1150's B85 chipset

Hello, right now I am taking a look at some motherboards from Asrock, and I see a little difference, that makes me wonder if it really matters.
So the motherboards are socket 1150: B85-dgs, -hds, -pro3 & -pro4 versions. The slightly older among them, the pro4 and -hds have 64 Mb AMI Uefi Legal Bios, while the -dgs and pro3 have a 32 Mb-one. At the same time recent days I saw a high-end mobo for s.1151 with 128 Mb bios. So does this mean something more serious in general - like the bigger bios being stronger? Or is it just a smart calculation of the slightly newer but still kinda' simple b85 mobos, that they wouldn't need bigger space for the bios instructions? Or else?

Solution
Well, maybe I understood, mb not. Does this mean that they have created a smaller-sized bios due to the fact they've understood there aren't going to be manifactured any more cpus for the socket from that moment on?
correct

And, let's say it as a whole, in general: does the bios size matter in such cases like mine with these mobos?
Cuz if we are talking about a system, which there's not going to be created new cpus for, and is actually not going to be manually overclocked, I have the feeling it doesn't.
yup. for old motherboard. just get one with the feature you need. and availability
bigger bios mean it can stored more cpu spec.

Well, maybe I understood, mb not. Does this mean that they have created a smaller-sized bios due to the fact they've understood there aren't going to be manifactured any more cpus for the socket from that moment on?

And, let's say it as a whole, in general: does the bios size matter in such cases like mine with these mobos?
Cuz if we are talking about a system, which there's not going to be created new cpus for, and is actually not going to be manually overclocked, I have the feeling it doesn't.

rgd1101

Don't
correct

yup. for old motherboard. just get one with the feature you need. and availability

Reactions: AJNameS
Solution

TRENDING THREADS