[SOLVED] BIOS Absolute Enabled Meaning

Gatchaman

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013
1. What does it mean when BIOS Absolute is enabled?

2. I read that it is a glorified backdoor to your computer system. Is that true? How can it be exploited?

3. Is there a way to disable this on a computer through BIOS setup?

Solution
D
I read it, but I don't understand a lot of the technical words and what it means for my original question. Does this enabled BIOS Absolute create a backdoor to my machine? Even if it doesn't, how do I make sure there are no backdoors on my system? Is there software to protect me from that?

Thanks.

There is no way to completely seal off backdoors. Unless you work for a company with ground breaking proprietary data or you are an politician or a millionaire I wouldn't be to worried.

It's the same as computrace, more or less if someone steals your computer you can located it, wipe data brick it etc.

Gatchaman

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013
I read it, but I don't understand a lot of the technical words and what it means for my original question. Does this enabled BIOS Absolute create a backdoor to my machine? Even if it doesn't, how do I make sure there are no backdoors on my system? Is there software to protect me from that?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 362816

Thanks.

There is no way to completely seal off backdoors. Unless you work for a company with ground breaking proprietary data or you are an politician or a millionaire I wouldn't be to worried.

It's the same as computrace, more or less if someone steals your computer you can located it, wipe data brick it etc.

Reactions: Gatchaman
Solution