Question Bios acting really strange, no gpu signal

Mar 25, 2022
A series of events in changing bios settings led to this problem where I post, but have no monitor signal. First I flashed a custom background which worked fine, then I changed memory settings to advanced manual which didn't post so backup bios was flashed and settings reset.

So now I had to recover all my settings. I set everything as before, I had taken some pictures. Like I always do, I enabled igpu, since I use it for stuff. When I rebooted, the monitor didn't light up. Everything else did, my keyboard, etc. I tried clearing cmos, ejecting the battery, nothing. Then I tried taking out a ram stick and backup bios was flashed so it worked. I repeated all my settings, and no monitor signal again. I put the stick back in and bios reflashed and it worked. This time, I didn't change any settings, I flashed the new bios version (maybe a mistake) and posted fine into OS. Then I repeated my settings including enabling iGPU, and the signal died. But now, taking out a ram stick does not flash the backup bios, and I'm locked out as of yet.

First I thought it's outputting through the igpu. I brought an hdmi cable, but it doesn't. I tried the method of shorting pins 1 and 6 on mbios. No difference. I am certain it posts, because my first boot is a uefi image to unlock my nvme, and if I enter the password it reboots as it's supposed to, but I presume it doesn't really boot into Windows (perhaps a reset boot order issue, or it actually can't)

I have no idea what to do. Maybe I can hook up a piezo buzzer to see if it says anything. The new bios version, Gigabyte says, is incompatible with previous versions / downgrades due to security issues, but can Gigabyte be so negligent to not consider the bbios?

Edit: I took out both my dgpus and it worked! But what do I do now. How do I proceed? I've had dgpu and I gpu enabled for years without issue.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022
Okay, doing some troubleshooting, what causes this is TPM. I've had secure boot enabled before, but default settings also enabled Intel platform trust which equals no video.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS