Question Bios acting really strange, no gpu signal

Mar 25, 2022
A series of events in changing bios settings led to this problem where I post, but have no monitor signal. First I flashed a custom background which worked fine, then I changed memory settings to advanced manual which didn't post so backup bios was flashed and settings reset.

So now I had to recover all my settings. I set everything as before, I had taken some pictures. Like I always do, I enabled igpu, since I use it for stuff. When I rebooted, the monitor didn't light up. Everything else did, my keyboard, etc. I tried clearing cmos, ejecting the battery, nothing. Then I tried taking out a ram stick and backup bios was flashed so it worked. I repeated all my settings, and no monitor signal again. I put the stick back in and bios reflashed and it worked. This time, I didn't change any settings, I flashed the new bios version (maybe a mistake) and posted fine into OS. Then I repeated my settings including enabling iGPU, and the signal died. But now, taking out a ram stick does not flash the backup bios, and I'm locked out as of yet.

First I thought it's outputting through the igpu. I brought an hdmi cable, but it doesn't. I tried the method of shorting pins 1 and 6 on mbios. No difference. I am certain it posts, because my first boot is a uefi image to unlock my nvme, and if I enter the password it reboots as it's supposed to, but I presume it doesn't really boot into Windows (perhaps a reset boot order issue, or it actually can't)

I have no idea what to do. Maybe I can hook up a piezo buzzer to see if it says anything. The new bios version, Gigabyte says, is incompatible with previous versions / downgrades due to security issues, but can Gigabyte be so negligent to not consider the bbios?

Edit: I took out both my dgpus and it worked! But what do I do now. How do I proceed? I've had dgpu and I gpu enabled for years without issue.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022
Okay, doing some troubleshooting, what causes this is TPM. I've had secure boot enabled before, but default settings also enabled Intel platform trust which equals no video.