[SOLVED] BIOS all settings locked/ greyed out

Dec 3, 2020
In my BIOS all of the settings are locked except boot order. This might be because it says the system mode is "setup" but I have no idea why this is happening.
I only noticed this recently because I got new ram and after trying to change the clock speed I noticed that every setting couldn't be clicked on and the BIOS was stuck in Advanced Mode.

ASRock B365M Phantom gaming 4
BIOS version: P4.20

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're able to get into your OS' GUI, you might want to see if you can install/update your MEI drivers. Then see if you can update the BIOS again to version P4.30.

If the options are yet greyed out, see if powering down and disconnecting from the wall, then removing the CMOS battery and replacing it after 30 minutes changes what you see in BIOS.

Mind sharing the CPU you're on for that board and what ram(s) you have to work with?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're able to get into your OS' GUI, you might want to see if you can install/update your MEI drivers. Then see if you can update the BIOS again to version P4.30.

If the options are yet greyed out, see if powering down and disconnecting from the wall, then removing the CMOS battery and replacing it after 30 minutes changes what you see in BIOS.

Mind sharing the CPU you're on for that board and what ram(s) you have to work with?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS