BIOS and DSL questions?!

I am reading about BIOS and I did not understand some part of the
artical. These are my questions:

1) It is mention that "BIOS is loading the interrupt handler". My
question where the interrupt handler is stored or located??

2) How BIOS knows it is "cold boot" or it is "reboot"

3)When you instert a floppy in the floppy disck drive and reboot.. why
the BIOS trying to boot from the floopy when it is mentioned in the
CMOS setting that the boot should be from c:\ for example.

4)It is mentioned in the artical that, in the CMOS setting you can
manage the power by selecting the power managment as well as the
amount of time for "standby" and "suspend". what do "standby" and
"suspend" mean?

About DLS
==========
in another atrical it is mentioned that the speed of the DSL modem is
1.5 M, and the it is mentioned that the downstream speed can reach 8M
and the upperstream can reach 640k. My question if the speed of the
modem is only 1.5 how can the download be around 8M while the modem
speed is only 1.5??

Thanks for your help in advanced. Take care.

On 2 Apr 2004 13:15:36 -0800, esara123@hotmail.com (esara) wrote:

>I am reading about BIOS and I did not understand some part of the
>artical. These are my questions:
>
>1) It is mention that "BIOS is loading the interrupt handler". My
>question where the interrupt handler is stored or located??

Don't know.
>2) How BIOS knows it is "cold boot" or it is "reboot"

Different code from a cold boot/reset or a three-fingered or software
triggered reboot.

>3)When you instert a floppy in the floppy disck drive and reboot.. why
>the BIOS trying to boot from the floopy when it is mentioned in the
>CMOS setting that the boot should be from c:\ for example.

You could have seek enabled.

>4)It is mentioned in the artical that, in the CMOS setting you can
>manage the power by selecting the power managment as well as the
>amount of time for "standby" and "suspend". what do "standby" and
>"suspend" mean?

One dumps memory to the HDD and shuts down the system, the other
leaves the system on, but puts the peripherals in a low-power mode.
I forget which is which (I use the former, but if I use the latter, I
can use power keys on my keyboard to control power)

>About DLS
>==========
>in another atrical it is mentioned that the speed of the DSL modem is
>1.5 M, and the it is mentioned that the downstream speed can reach 8M
>and the upperstream can reach 640k. My question if the speed of the
>modem is only 1.5 how can the download be around 8M while the modem
>speed is only 1.5??
>
>Thanks for your help in advanced. Take care.

On 2 Apr 2004 13:15:36 -0800, esara123@hotmail.com (esara) wrote:

>About DLS
>in another atrical it is mentioned that the speed of the DSL modem is
>1.5 M, and the it is mentioned that the downstream speed can reach 8M
>and the upperstream can reach 640k. My question if the speed of the
>modem is only 1.5 how can the download be around 8M while the modem
>speed is only 1.5??

It is MegaBits of the DSL connection Vs Megabytes that can be
transferred over .