Question BIOS and WINDOWS cannot find my ram

Nov 13, 2020
Hello there so i build my 3rd pc with ryzen 5 5600x ;B550-m aorus elite; vengeance 2x8 3600MHz. After i installed windows i found out that i got only "8 gb of ram installed" soo i checked bios for further info and found that only (A1-A2-B1-B2) A2 is locating ram runnin with 2133 Mhz

Yes i have the latest BIOS update, yes i have turned on XPM profie, yes both ram sticks are running with 3600mhz in my friend's pc. From the shop that i bought the MB i was told that every slot is working correctly.And yes i know how to install a ram .

combinations that i tried: A2-B2 : A2-B1 --------- only B1(not working ) only B2(not working)

ONLY Cpu-z can find both sticks

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
So...
Bx alone = no boot
A2 + Bx = half RAM
A1 + A2 = ???

If A1 + A2 works, then something may be wrong with your CPU or motherboard regarding the B-channel. Check for bent pins on the CPU, different-looking holes in the motherboard's CPU socket and debris or crooked pins in the B-channel DIMM slots.

Nov 13, 2020
So...
Bx alone = no boot
A2 + Bx = half RAM
A1 + A2 = ???

If A1 + A2 works, then something may be wrong with your CPU or motherboard regarding the B-channel. Check for bent pins on the CPU, different-looking holes in the motherboard's CPU socket and debris or crooked pins in the B-channel DIMM slots.
B2 only will boot ;there is no bented pins aaaand A1 cannot be used because of the cpu fan 😀😀 ; there is no debris in the dimm slots

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020
B2 only will boot not bent pins aaaand A1 cannot be used because of the cpu fan 😀😀
So...
Bx alone = no boot
A2 + Bx = half RAM
A1 + A2 = ???

What makes the ram to run at 2133 instead of 3600