[SOLVED] Bios and windows can't see M2 drive

May 30, 2020
Hi, I have a problem with one M2 drive. In general I have 2 M2 disks of Samsung EVO 970 PLUS - 500gb and 1TB. In American megatrends (the panel that sometimes appears before the bios) i can see all disks. Unfortunately, in the bios i can see only the M2 1TB disk connected to the first M2 slot, while the second M2 disk connected to the second M2 slot is not visible in the bios and windows. It was only visible in this panel of American megatrends screen or what is its name.

Generally I had problems with the M2 disk being visible in the bios, I had to change something in the boot options in the motherboard bios. My motherboard is ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi

Do you have any idea why this is happening, why you can't see the 500GB drive? Is it possible that this drive crashed?

____

Update - after some time i managed this 500GB m2 drive to be visible, but only in bios nvme configuration section - it is not visible in boot section and in windows. In windows in devices manager i have hardware error 10 - input / output problem.

Last edited:
Solution
Ok, problem "solved" - i checked this samsung 970 evo plus 500 gb m2 drive in other pc - it is detecting by bios, but not in boot options and in windows. in windows, like on my pc there is hardware error in nvme controller with i/o problem (error10). And drive is getting horribly hot even after 1 min of usage. To rma.
May 30, 2020
Ok, problem "solved" - i checked this samsung 970 evo plus 500 gb m2 drive in other pc - it is detecting by bios, but not in boot options and in windows. in windows, like on my pc there is hardware error in nvme controller with i/o problem (error10). And drive is getting horribly hot even after 1 min of usage. To rma.

Solution