[SOLVED] Bios and Windows does not recognise 16gb of my memory, but iCue and HWMonitor can?

Nov 9, 2020
I recently reseated every part of my pc to reapply thermal paste, after doing this my computer double booted a few times, and then my computer starts to only report 16gb of the 32gb installed.
What's weird about this is my bios reports 16gb, alongside windows. but HWMonitor and iCue correctly reports all four dimms being occupied.

Even weirder my memory shows this, is there anything i can do in the bios to make my computer use all four dimms? not sure what i've done wrong

Nov 9, 2020
Rearranging and reseating memory through trial and error seemed to be the fix. still pretty weird that windows recognised all four dims of 8gb, yet only said 16gb was functional.

Bob.B

Prominent
Feb 8, 2021
Rearranging and reseating memory through trial and error seemed to be the fix. still pretty weird that windows recognised all four dims of 8gb, yet only said 16gb was functional.
Notice in your pic that Hardware reserved?
That's windows way of saying it found something wrong with 16GB of ram so it put it in the Do Not Use box.

ASK THE COMMUNITY