Question Bios Battery Changed, Yet I Get Bios Setup Window Whenever I Get Power Lines Down

xtreme07

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2015
I have dell vostro 3668 PC (not laptop). Last week after a power shortage from the electrical company, when the power came back and i booted the pc, i was getting a bios setup page where it was mentioned also that the time is not set up. I was still able to go into windows after shutting down and booting again the computer three/four times in a row. I decided to change the bios battery as instructed by other people, but the problem of getting the bios set up window persists whenever there's a power shortage, even though the bios battery is changed.

I ran a diagnostics for hardware from that bios setup window, and there are no issues with the hardware.

Should i take the pc to a service repair as maybe i have damaged the socket for the battery ? When i changed the battery, i pressed down the clip of the battery, and it went all the way down without bouncing back, so i'm thinking i messed up the battery socket. Maybe this be the reason why changing the battery hasn't helped in preventing the bios setup page ?

xtreme07

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2015
i did bent the clip back when i changed the battery the first time and also i made sure the + sign was up. should i still remove and place back the battery ?

Last edited: