Bios boot problems

Jonny2by4

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
Hi guys, I have just finished building my pc and everything seems to be working fine except when I go into bios, which does open up to start but then only shows me a tiny portion of the screen and for lack of a better word goes mental

I imagine it has to be something silly I'm missing, so your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi jonny,

Why you have problems in displaying the bios is because of the reasons below.

In your system you have a Pci-e based graphics card, and the motherboard also has an on board video solution also.

If the case, simply connect your monitor lead to the on board video ports of the motherboard.
When you hit the key to enter the bios it should display correctly so you can see what you are doing.

Go to the Section in the bios that deals with the graphics options.
Set the mode for the first graphics adapter to be initialized to Pci-e or Peg mode.
And if there is any option to disable the on board video solution of the motherboard select it.

Save the settings before you exit the bios.
Swap the cable back over to the Pci-e based graphics card.

The next time you press the key to enter the bios it should be displayed correctly when the monitor cable is connected to the Pci-e graphics card video output ports.

Be aware also on some systems what video port you use on your Pci-e based graphics card determines the correct display of the bios screen on your monitor.

IE: Dvi, Hdmi or DP used.