[SOLVED] Bios broken after installing 970Evo

Jan 3, 2019
Hey there,

Since a few days I have the problem that my bios is laggy.

I used the samsung 960evo ssd and just bought a bigger 970evo to replace it.
So I started and put it in my second m.2 slot, started the pc, it turned itself off, then turned on normally, I saw the new SSD in the program and started cloning my C drive to the new ssd with the samsung data migration tool.
Worked fine, 230Gb in 9minutes, so I shut down the pc took the 960evo out, put the 970evo in the faster m.2 slot and started the pc.

It wasn’t incredible fast but ok it turned on everything worked.
When I restarted to check the bios if the boot order is ok etc, the problems begun.

When entering the bios it took literally ages. I ve got a password but even loading the password screen took like 30sec or so, before everything was fine.
I took the time and the total time to get into the bios was around 3 minutes which is rlly strange.

Then I turned it on normally, made an m flash usb and updated my bios to the newest version.
I thought that might fix it because the 970evo is also newer than the 960 but it didnt work.

Still laggy, mouse and keyboard with big delay which wasnt there before.
I decided to put back in my old drive so i changed ssds like they were before.

Still laggy so the new drive seemed to have corrupted my bios.
Because of the update, my overclocking profile was reset so with the old ssd I wanted to put everything back to how it was before and loaded my overclocking profile.
Then after restarting my pc didnt turn on, screen black fans, pump and ram running, but nothing happened.
The CPU debug light was on, even after restarting and thats where I got quite worried.

After waiting I decided to reset the cmos with connecting the two metal things, bios reset PC now turns on again (im glad about that) but unfortunately my bios is still laggy.

I tried to describe every step detailled, maybe thats relevant. I could imagine that drivers could be the problem that my bios cant communicate well with the new ssd because the driver of the old one is installed but idk. Since my pc worked again, I decided to leave it for now and wait for an opinion or tip.

My specs are I7700k (normally overclocked to 5Ghz), GTX 1080, 16GB trident z rgb ram 3200mhz and the 960/970evo.
mainboard z270 gaming pro carbon Msi, 1151 socket. The newest bios was the one from september with the 190 at the end.
The one i used before was from march or sth like that.

would be really nice if you could help me to get my bios running with the 970evo installed. Do I have to change the drivers again or sth like that because the installer said the newest driver is already installed...

The newest update would be: I decided to leave the 960evo in the pc, move every program despite Premiere Pro Photoshop and maybe word etc to the new 970Evo so that I have 2 separate drives with only windows on one so I can easily reinstall windows if I have problems and also I can use double the speed then.

But before installing I would like to have my bios working again first.

Thanks

Solution
Looking at the clone, is the lag present booting the 970 in M_1 with the 960 disconnected ? And vice versa ?
I would disconnect the 960 ( very important) then fresh install windows 10 to the 970 in UEFI mode with CSM engaged. If that works, install all programs etc to the 970.
Looking at the clone, is the lag present booting the 970 in M_1 with the 960 disconnected ? And vice versa ?
I would disconnect the 960 ( very important) then fresh install windows 10 to the 970 in UEFI mode with CSM engaged. If that works, install all programs etc to the 970.

Solution