Question Bios changes reset after pc shutdown.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
Hi, I have an asus Z97 pro gamer, with m.2 ssd. But default settings ignore the ssd, so I have to change it in the bios. But everytime I shut down the pc, next time I have to change the bios setting again. Which is kinda annoying. Is there any way to fix that? Im afraid to reset cmos, because I have no experience with updating the bios.
Specs:
Gtx 1650
32gb ddr3
I7-4790
256gb m.2 ssd+wd green 1tb
Ps:
I dont have a case so I manually start my pc up with a screwdriver

If you didnt put in a brand new CR2032 battery, do that 1st.
Also, to those more knowledgable than I, if he removes the secondary drive and then does a 'fixmbr' on his ssd, would that not correct the boot problem possibly, and then he could put the 2nd drive back in?

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
If you didnt put in a brand new CR2032 battery, do that 1st.
Also, to those more knowledgable than I, if he removes the secondary drive and then does a 'fixmbr' on his ssd, would that not correct the boot problem possibly, and then he could put the 2nd drive back in?
There isnt really something to fix about the ssd. If I can just keep my changes itll keep booting correctly. At the moment I have to manually boot the m.2 option.