ghost11

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
ASUS M2N68 AM

A few weeks ago i had posted a thread here about getting BSOD and screen freezing issue.A solution was found which was to clear the CMOS and set it to default setting.Removing the battery and re-fixing method did not work.I had to change the clear CMOS jumper setting on the mobo. PC worked fine till 3 days ago but now whenever i run a video intense app ie;game or video encoding, i get a BSOD and when i restart the PC i get a BIOS checksum error.Then i have to do the CMOS thing with the jumper setting again to make it work again.

I can use the PC for however long to browse the net or watch a movie even photoshop but when i play a game or recently did a video encoding the system shows the BSOD and then the BIOS checksum error on restarting.
How do i fix this?Is this a BIOS chip problem?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Try installing a new battery after clearing the BIOS/CMOS as you have been doing. It may simply be a matter of the old battery no longer retaining your settings properly because it is low on power. I would further suggest that you flash (or re-flash as the case my be) your BIOS/CMOS to the most current version as part of this process.

Good luck!

ghost11

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
The PC is just 5 months old so i don't think the battery is low on power besides like i said i can restart ,turn off any number of times and run for any number of hours without a problem as long as i don't run any games or video encoding.This is a strange situation.I really want to re-flash but i am afraid that i might make a mess of it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Flashing your BIOS isn't the big deal it used to be. Unless you turn your PC off in the middle of the process, on purpose, you run little risk of damaging anything. Also, on the lifespan of the battery, you don't know how long that battery sat on in the shelf (or in a parts bin) before you bought it with the motherboard. They are cheap and easy to find (you can get at Walgreens or CVS here in the States because the battery is so common). Proceed, you really have nothing to lose and minimal risk.

ghost11

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
I was unable to fix this issue with a bios flashing so i called in the repair people.They changed the motherboard and also the power supply.PC worked fine for few days and now again the blue screen problem has started.Till now i have changed my RAM,power supply and my motherboard still the problem is there.What might the problem be and what can i do now?.I am really frustrated that this is happening to my rather new system.

thatisme

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Video encoding will push your system into maximum power,So i think it might be your cooling system-especially your processor and memory.The most troublesome is the memory,,try to get a better memory with heat sink..or try to reinstall the software again..

ghost11

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Yes i am using a UPS.Sorry that i did not include another info,now its not just video encoding or video intense apps,even while browsing BSOD happens.It happens at random times.