Bios chip problem...maybe?

imbacrazyindian

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
Hello everyone.
I was reading something on internet and listening music in winamp, and my computer blocked. I tried to restart it on button, nothing happened, then i tried to hold power button for 20 seconds, nothing happened. I turned off power supply, and then try to turn on computer but nothing happened, no signs of life, like when there is no electricity, only lan indicator light was turned on, but no cooler spin or anything else. I bought second hand motherboard, same as mine, with processor with it, and everything works fine. I didnt try to test my old proccesor yet, but i think its ok.
I was reading a lot about this and i wanna ask, can bios chip be the problem? What can i do to fix it? I was pulling out and returning cmos battery, that didnt help. Can bios chip cause that simptoms?

Thanks in advance

imbacrazyindian

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
My comp is really old, i understand he died becose of age, but maybe i can repair it.

MSI K9N sli platinum
AMD athlon x2 4200+
2 x 1gb ddr2 ram kingston
Amd radeon 5450 hd
wd 250 gb
2x dwd rw
psu is chieftek 400w

I bought new (second hand) motherboard and comp works fine, and with it come new processor amd athlon 3500+, motherboard is also msi k9n sli platinum. I have that computer almost 10 years. Problem is one of that 2 components. I just wanna know what happens when bios chip die, i give you simptoms. It was working perfectly fine, i cleaned it 2-3 weeks ago, proc temp was very low, everything was good, and then he completely frozen, no button reaction. I turned off psu and then turn it on, try to turn on comp, nothing, but literaly nothing. No led lights, no coolers spin, no sounds no nothing. Just like power is gone. Only lan led was on. So, could bios chip do that?

imbacrazyindian

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
I think i found one bulged capacitor on my mobo, next to primary graphic card slot, can that be the cause of problem?
I say again, computer is like dead, when i press the button nothing happens.

TRENDING THREADS