[SOLVED] BIOS claims RAID / Intel Optane setting is incorrect, no such configuration exists

Nov 19, 2021
Every time I turn the computer on, I get an error message stating that if there is a RAID configured or Intel Optane is installed, I need to change the SATA Mode Selection in the UEFI. I have no choice but to press F1 to enter the UEFI. There is no Intel Optane or any kind of RAID specified anywhere in the settings. I just tap F10 and exit. The machine seems to work just fine, but this makes me nervous. This is a recent change, and there has been no new hardware installed.

The mobo is an ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1. Can I just continue to ignore this, or do I need to do something about it?

Nov 19, 2021
I have used the ASUS AI Suite's EZ Update, and it says there is no need to update the BIOS. I know that there is a newer version, but if the manufacturer doesn't think I need it, I am very reluctant to update it. I've heard many sad tales of problems after BIOS updates.

The first thing I did was break out the User's Manual and check the info about the BIOS settings. Yes, the SATA Select Mode is set to AHCI, and the Optane / RAID settings are all off/disabled.

I haven't yet tried replacing the CMOS battery. I'll pick one up and a give it a shot. I wouldn't expect to need to do this (the build is only a few years old), but I know that batteries of any kind can suddenly die.

Thank you for your response!