Question BIOS CPU Overclock settings causing PC crashes

Apr 16, 2020
I've had same PC set up for a year now, suddenly the problem began to occur playing Dota 2(League of Legends seems to work fine), every time I'm loading in game(sometimes main menu) PC just freezes and not even reboot button works, event viewer shows Kernel Power 41 (63) error.

Only solution that worked was turning off Turbo Boost, SpeedStep, Speed Shift settings and lowering boot perfomance from Max Non-turbo to Max battery, even though crashes stopped, CPU speed locked at 0.78GHz and it's unusable, turning any of the settings back on would bring back the crashes.

Solutions I've already tried: updating BIOS, conflicting sound controllers, decreasing RAM frequency/voltage, resetting BIOS settings, updating network adapter driver.

PC Specs:
Z370M Pro4
i5 9400f @ 2.9GHz
1050 Ti 4GB
16GB RAM DDR4 2400MHz
500W Power suppply
1TB HD; 240GB SSD

I've had same PC set up for a year now, suddenly the problem began to occur playing Dota 2(League of Legends seems to work fine), every time I'm loading in game(sometimes main menu) PC just freezes and not even reboot button works, event viewer shows Kernel Power 41 (63) error.

Only solution that worked was turning off Turbo Boost, SpeedStep, Speed Shift settings and lowering boot perfomance from Max Non-turbo to Max battery, even though crashes stopped, CPU speed locked at 0.78GHz and it's unusable, turning any of the settings back on would bring back the crashes.
But if you revert overclocking it works fine? Try lowering your overclocking or getting back to stock.