Question BIOS crashes on DRAM (orange light), BIOS can only post in safe mode ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2022
Hello folks!

On a totally new machine, I am stuck on ASUS BIOS safe mode boot, shortly after installing Windows and using the computer for few days. Unfortunatelly I let ASUS AI Tweaker to do its run, and it seems it messed something and now I can only boot manually the drive with Windows, after a BIOS post in safe mode... it is SO annoying... also because it takes SO LONG to turn on the computer and stucks on the Asus mobo "postcode" orange light which is the RAM..

Specs:
ASUS Z690 ProArt Creators Wifi
i9-12900KS
4 x 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator 5200 MHz C40

[according to the official ASUS website, all those parts are compatible with the mobo]

After the BIOS posts in safemode, it launches the ram at 3600MHz.

My FAILED attempts to solve the issue:

1. Put default option in BIOS (F5).
  2. Reset CMOS via shorting pins (as indicated in the user guide).
  3. Uninstalling Asus AISuite.
  4. Setting all DRAM BIOS options to AUTO.
  5. Setting BIOS AI mode to "normal".
  6. Update BIOS and the drivers to the very last versions.
But none of these worked!!!

My hope was to kinda find a way to reset the AI Tweaking intervention the BIOS, but I was not able to find it.

I have a strong feeling that if I could set the BIOS in a way it avoids getting stuckduring the booting, I'll solve the problem. Before having the issue, the computer was booting normally in few seconds (I am using Samsung 980 PRO NVMe).

What do you suggest me to do to solve this problem?

Thank you very much!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Update BIOS and the drivers to the very last versions.
A version for your BIOS would help us two fold.

Also, with all things said and done, alongside the hair pulling, why don't you reinstall the OS afresh...after recreating your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? As for your clearing of CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 30 minutes. You can press and hold down the power button on the case for 30 seconds to drain any residual power on the board.

Your specs are also incomplete, since a system is build using more than a CPU, motherboard and ram(and storage).

Jul 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Update BIOS and the drivers to the very last versions.
A version for your BIOS would help us two fold.

Also, with all things said and done, alongside the hair pulling, why don't you reinstall the OS afresh...after recreating your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? As for your clearing of CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 30 minutes. You can press and hold down the power button on the case for 30 seconds to drain any residual power on the board.

Your specs are also incomplete, since a system is build using more than a CPU, motherboard and ram(and storage).

Hi, thank you for the reply.

The BIOS version is 1505.

The whole system includes:
CPU: Intel i9-12900KS
MOBO: ASUS Z690 ProArt Creators Wifi
RAM: 4x 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator 5200 MHz C40
GPU: Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 ti
Drives: 2x Samsung SSD 980 PRO NVMe M2 2TB + Samung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
PSU: Corsair AX1600i
COOLER: Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE LCD

About the mobo battery removing:
I have tried to search for the battery in the mobo and I was unable to found it. I guess I should uninstall all the extra pieces covering the mobo. I just did the CMOS reset at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.