Question Bios detects HDD but wont boot

msaezbt

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Hi everybody:

I was watching YouTube and suddenly my PC froze, so I push de Reset button and then the Asus logo appeared and suddenly Zap! Can't find any bootable devices.

I entered to the Bios, my MoBo it's an Asus Z97-A with a Intel Core i7 4770, the Bios couldn't detect my bootable SSD so I turned off the computer, unplugged the power and SATA cables and turned up again, same error.

I entered the Bios again and there it was, one SSD and 2 HDD with one Optical drive, still no boot.

The Bios shows that the only bootable unit is the Blu-ray so I turned off and swapped the units, nothing happened, It turned things worse because after I swapped back to the original positions the SSD and the Optical drive now I can't see any bootable devices.

I have disconnected both HDDs and nothing happened.

I'm afraid this board is dead, can anyone help me?

I can't hear any alarms or beeps from the MoBo, I get picture and power, but that's it.

Opinions?

Thanks for everything
Best regards!

msaezbt

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Hello, actually I did, I disconnected all the HDDs and left only the optical drive and the SSD and formatted the damn thing.

It appears to be working now, but I don't know why it failed in the first place.

I plugged in all the drives again and everything seems to be working, I don't know perhaps I need to update the old Bios.

What you think?

Thanks!

Best regards

msaezbt

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Now the very next day during my first boot of the day, the VGA LED of the MoBo turned on and stay that way, it continued the boot up, when the startup Windows appeared on screen I clicked the Shutdown option, I turned up again and it was fine. I'm not sure whats going on.

I don't know if this is relevant but a month ago I bought a RTX-2060 twin fan from Zotac, no issues there.

Opinions?

Thank you very much.