[SOLVED] BIOS does not recognise SSD

kmyszak667

Honorable
Nov 22, 2017
Hi guys, I've just came back home where I left my PC for months. I turned it on after a long time. It was very very slow. It got so slow to the point where it crashed multiple times and I had to restart it. Then the next time I try to turn it on. It took a very long time booting up. I thought it was frozen again so I restarted it. When it began booting up the next time it gave me a message: "reboot and select groper boot device". So I found on YouTube that I have to put windows boot manager as 1st priority. But I didn't have it because it was located on my SSD. At this point I noticed that my BIOS couldn't find my SSD. Could my SSD be broken even though it worked a day earlier? Any info would be helpful ♥♥

P.S I tried putting in a new SSD because I had a spare and the BIOS found it which means that the cable works.

Solution
Yes, you installed the OS on the SSD.
If the HDD were also connected, very often the boot partition does end up on the other drive.

But...I'm not seeing the SSD in your list.

Do you have another PC available?

kmyszak667

Honorable
Nov 22, 2017
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
CPU: AMD FX 8350 8Core
8gb Ram DDR3
1tb HDD
240GB SSD
Motherboard: MSI 970 gaming amd amd3

I can't get a screencap of Disk Management windows because in unable to boot up Windows 10

dimtodim

Reputable
Hi guys, I've just came back home where I left my PC for months. I turned it on after a long time. It was very very slow. It got so slow to the point where it crashed multiple times and I had to restart it. Then the next time I try to turn it on. It took a very long time booting up. I thought it was frozen again so I restarted it. When it began booting up the next time it gave me a message: "reboot and select groper boot device". So I found on YouTube that I have to put windows boot manager as 1st priority. But I didn't have it because it was located on my SSD. At this point I noticed that my BIOS couldn't find my SSD. Could my SSD be broken even though it worked a day earlier? Any info would be helpful ♥♥

P.S I tried putting in a new SSD because I had a spare and the BIOS found it which means that the cable works.
probably ssd is dead :)

USAFRet

Titan
Don't panic just yet.

It may be a dead SSD. It might be a dead HDD.
Depending on how you installed the OS, the boot partition might reside on the HDD, and "windows" resides on the SSD.

Power up and look in the BIOS.
What physical drives do you see?

kmyszak667

Honorable
Nov 22, 2017
Don't panic just yet.

Depending on how you installed the OS, the boot partition might reside on the HDD, and "windows" resides on the SSD.

I installed the OS to the SSD.
Don't panic just yet.

I installed the OS onto the SSD.
In not sure if this is what you're looking for but these physical drives are listed under the boot options:

Hard disk: WDC WD10EZEX
CD/DVD TSSTcorp DVD-ROM
USB Key: Samsung M3 Portable 1306
USB Floppy