Question BIOS does not recognize eMMC and SSD

May 7, 2022
First I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong topic or something, it's my first time here.

In February I formatted a Samsung F30 notebook (NP530XBB) normally, tested it and put it in the closet (until a family member came to pick it up). This week I went to turn it on and to my surprise it was not booting.

It shows this:

g3IMiAC.png

I went to check how things were in the BIOS, in the priority boot option the eMMC is not recognized either, it only appears in the SysInfo tab.

I took it to a technician in the city, he informed me that probably the eMMC memory had been burned, that if I bought an m2 it would probably solve the problem.

Well then, I put an SSD M.2 to see if it would be recognized, and it was the same, it also only appears in the SysInfo tab. Images follow:

brOdOpz.png

jP3PMJJ.png

When I put a bootable Windows flash drive (functional, as I tested it on another computer), it loops at the loading screen and finally this error:

EJjza9V.png

So I tested a bootable USB stick with ubuntu, and I was able to browse the system from the pendrive (In the installation it also doesn't recognize both memories).

Please if anyone can help me, I just formatted the computer as I always do, this never happened, I'm desperate because the computer is not mine.

*Googling I've found a possible solution that is disabling "Secute Boot Control" and then change "OS Mode Selection". But this option doesn't exist in my BIOS.

Here's an image of the other tabs if needed:

IiKhIXi.jpg

o3NPe7T.png

8qSAyWX.png

First I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong topic or something, it's my first time here.

In February I formatted a Samsung F30 notebook (NP530XBB) normally, tested it and put it in the closet (until a family member came to pick it up). This week I went to turn it on and to my surprise it was not booting.

It shows this:

g3IMiAC.png

I went to check how things were in the BIOS, in the priority boot option the eMMC is not recognized either, it only appears in the SysInfo tab.

I took it to a technician in the city, he informed me that probably the eMMC memory had been burned, that if I bought an m2 it would probably solve the problem.

Well then, I put an SSD M.2 to see if it would be recognized, and it was the same, it also only appears in the SysInfo tab. Images follow:

brOdOpz.png

jP3PMJJ.png

When I put a bootable Windows flash drive (functional, as I tested it on another computer), it loops at the loading screen and finally this error:

EJjza9V.png

So I tested a bootable USB stick with ubuntu, and I was able to browse the system from the pendrive (In the installation it also doesn't recognize both memories).

Please if anyone can help me, I just formatted the computer as I always do, this never happened, I'm desperate because the computer is not mine.

*Googling I've found a possible solution that is disabling "Secute Boot Control" and then change "OS Mode Selection". But this option doesn't exist in my BIOS.

Here's an image of the other tabs if needed:

IiKhIXi.jpg

o3NPe7T.png

8qSAyWX.png
Have you made sure the bios is up to date? Key problem with these things. As for it not showing the drives but in sysinfo, I would presume the tech was right the emmc is fried if you can't even install on it or create a system on it, the m.2 may need to be formatted to fit windows criteria, if already is then sounds like a bios setting somewhere.

May 7, 2022
Have you made sure the bios is up to date? Key problem with these things. As for it not showing the drives but in sysinfo, I would presume the tech was right the emmc is fried if you can't even install on it or create a system on it, the m.2 may need to be formatted to fit windows criteria, if already is then sounds like a bios setting somewhere.

How do I know if the BIOS is update? There is a way to update the BIOS without entering OS?

How do I know if the BIOS is update? There is a way to update the BIOS without entering OS?
I'm not sure I'm not hardly able to find anything on this product other than the specs mainly and what it comes with, I don't like laptops for this specific reason, 60 40 chance you are going to buy something that has no support other then take it to a certified tech of the brand. Desktops at least you have basically full control not matter the scenario

Reactions: jvictore
May 7, 2022
I'm not sure I'm not hardly able to find anything on this product other than the specs mainly and what it comes with, I don't like laptops for this specific reason, 60 40 chance you are going to buy something that has no support other then take it to a certified tech of the brand. Desktops at least you have basically full control not matter the scenario

I found the samsung bios update only via exe on windows...
But i cant install windows, now I'm lost.

Any ideas on what bios configuration could it be?
(this bios has few settings)

May 7, 2022
It's in this screen - under Secure Boot Configuration.
You may need to enable Secure Boot Control in one of the other screens.

When I do these steps it show this screen with 2 options:
  • Standard (no more options)
  • Custom (some options that I dont know what is)
kJKNv9K.jpg

Xfi17DL.jpg

Any ideias what option could it be?