[SOLVED] Bios doesn’t work at all

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
Hi guys, I have recently been just busy with life and just recently decided that I would play some games on my desktop. However, I noticed that for some reason my bios doesn’t keep my XMP Settings enabled and now I can’t even boot into the bios at all, it just black screens and stays frozen and only lets me boot into windows. I have tried resetting the CMOS by taking out the battery and it was working fine until recently when I tried to get into it again. Is my bios dead??? How should I go about fixing this or do I need to buy another motherboard?

my specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Rtx 3080 EVGA FTW3
16gb DDR4 3600mhz
500gb WD black SSD NVME
B450m pro4
Hyper 212 Black RGB
Corsair RM750i
1tb toshiba HDD

Isaac in Duluth MN

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014
Hi guys, I have recently been just busy with life and just recently decided that I would play some games on my desktop. However, I noticed that for some reason my bios doesn’t keep my XMP Settings enabled and now I can’t even boot into the bios at all, it just black screens and stays frozen and only lets me boot into windows. I have tried resetting the CMOS by taking out the battery and it was working fine until recently when I tried to get into it again. Is my bios dead??? How should I go about fixing this or do I need to buy another motherboard?

my specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Rtx 3080 EVGA FTW3
16gb DDR4 3600mhz
500gb WD black SSD NVME
B450m pro4
Hyper 212 Black RGB
Corsair RM750i
1tb toshiba HDD

There may be a way to recover bios! On some it's as easy as formatting a usb to work at fat32 filesystem and adding the (whateverbios).bio file to it and booting up and waiting for the bios update to finish, sometimes a motherboard will have dual bios and there's a button or jumper to trigger and it goes to default bios- at that point I'd update the bios from Asrock.