Question BIOS flash not working

Mar 5, 2023
So I've recently upgraded pc parts and have come across a problem while I was trying to update the bios. For context, I mainly changed my cpu and motherboard and kept the other components the same and saw that the pc seemed gimmicky at first start up. initially the pc didn't detect the integrated graphics, the ram was not running at rated speeds, won't let me set my display set to 144hz and does not detect my hdd.

I eventually got the ram and integrated graphics sorted out but not the hdd and display settings. I checked multiple times to see if the hdd was connect properly but the pc still didn't detect it in either disk management or bios and as for the display I genuinely didn't know what to do. I came to a conclusion that updating the bios to the latest version would fix these problems but now the bios flash is not working and I don't think the current bios setting is the same as the ones on the gigabyte website. I have tried using a different USB and cleared both multiple times but still didn't work so I just wanted to ask for help on this.

My pc specs are:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
GIGABYTE B550M DS3H
GTX 1050TI
Corsair Vengeance 16 LPX 3200 DDR4
Western Digital Blue 500gb SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
RM650 Corsair PSU

Upgrading/changing motherboards involves removing/changing most system drivers. I would do a fresh install (it looks like you tried to retain the old system, is that the case?) instead of tinkering with BIOS unless you know what you are doing. If you did a fresh install and still have the issue, post back and will deal with it :)

Mar 5, 2023
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I managed to solve the issue with the bios flash and display settings, now just having a friend test out the hdd with their pc to see if it still works or not as it still doesn't get detected. thanks for the help much appreciated.