Question BIOS Flash Nuked My System

sparker781

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Have a custom built PC. I had upgraded my PC to W11 Pro, Checked for a BIOS update and updated it. Rebooted the PC and W11 wouldn't start. Tried to run a startup repair which didn't help. I ended up reinstalling W10. Any idea what would have caused that?

Lutfij

Titan
There are a couple of questions that come up. Did you perform an upgrade to Windows 11 using the internal upgrade path? If so, you're advised to reinstall Windows 11 after creating a bootable USB installer and installing the OS in offline mode, then manually installing all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time. Since your BIOS update nuked your platform, what BIOS version were you on and what BIOS version did you (try to)update to?

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
Have a custom built PC. I had upgraded my PC to W11 Pro, Checked for a BIOS update and updated it. Rebooted the PC and W11 wouldn't start. Tried to run a startup repair which didn't help. I ended up reinstalling W10. Any idea what would have caused that?
Mention what hardware you put in and the upgrade process you followed to get to 11