BIOS Flashing and other questions...

Live4u129

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Hey, I'm running nice and stable, but I felt like getting on and asking some questions I've developed since this build.

1. I have an EVGA 750i SLi FTW mobo, could I get better overclocking performance if I flashed the BIOS to something else? If so, what BIOS would I flash?

2. Could anyone on here, if they have time, could they look around the web and see what it would cost for me to go with one more 9800 GTX, (Would a 9800 GTX+ work with normal 9800's? It seems the 55nm architecture wouldn't work... Would it?) and a 780i mobo, and a new psu. I would REALLY like to upgrade to that and want the lowest price possible.

3. Should I return my 9800 GTX's now and get the 9800 GTX+'s?

4. My temps on my 9800 GTX's now are pretty good, and it's like 44c idle, and 68c load. I've looked into flashing the BIOS of the cards, but my NibiTor doesn't work. My clocks won't stay... The fan settings maker is all weird. It only makes one setting no matter how much I add. What do I do?

5. Oh, side question... Could you guys check out my commercial for evga? I just want peoples' opinions lol (Comments Appreciated)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoIYlIR4-xE

6. I think that's about it... Oh yeah! What some defragging software you guys would recommend for XP Pro?

Thanks for all the help you guys have provided through the time I've been here!

And also thanks for the help in advance! :)

Live4u129

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
7. I forgot to ask, I'm still in the returning period of my e8400, it's VID is 1.1875v... Should I return that and get a Q6600 OEM? Thanks again.

1. Highly unlikely, but in some cases you can get a bit more performence with a BIOS update. The 750i boards don't OC quite well like X38/X48/P45 or in some cases not even close to a P35. Try and get a 780i bard if possible.

2. Before looking in to upgrading GPU, you will need to upgrade PSU. I recommend a PP&C 750.

3. Depends on the price or performance.

4. What version of NiBiTor are you using?

5. No comment. Care to tell why you are doing a EVGA commercial?

6. I recommend AusLogic disk defrag. It's free and dose a 750GB very fragmented drive in about 20-30minutes.
http://www.auslogics.com/disk-defrag

7. Keep your CPU. It has a very low VID. Lupiron would envy you. May be you could sell it to him or exchange it for a Q6600.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/247750-29-could-post-core-temp-factory-please
You should be able to OC that CPU quite well. Also you will only need a Quad only if doing video editing and things like that. For gaming a dual is more than enough.

Live4u129

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Heheh, yeah I know Lupiron, he's on my AIM list, we talk alot. We talked about my VID and it's okay... It's average. I'm doing an EVGA commercial for a contest. I have a 800W PSU right now, so I have plenty. I'm using...... Version 4.3. Thanks for the HD Defragging Suggestion.

Oh yeah the #3 thing, it would be free, because of the EVGA step up program. It would cost me a total of 10 bucks. And the performance I've seen... It gets 4 fps faster than the 9800 GTX normal... So two of them theoretically would get 8 fps faster. So I'm gonna do that.

TRENDING THREADS