[SOLVED] bios flashing for ryzen cpu upgrade

Jackie23

Commendable
Jul 4, 2019
I am planning to upgrade from a ryzen 2200g to a ryzen 5 2600 to accommodate my gtx 1070 (which is severely bottle necked at the moment). Bios flashing is something I have never done, and I am looking for some insight. I understand that it comes with its risks, but is overall safe and needed to keep bios running properly.
First question: (might be the only one)
Will my pc work the same with my 2200g if I flash the bios to latest version before getting my ryzen 5 2600?
If the question seems hard to answer let me explain a little. My motherboard is a b450m asrock steel legend, I am getting my new cpu in a few weeks, but I want to have my system ready to put the cpu in and go. So if I flash my bios now, will my 2200g work properly until I can switch my cpu out for the new one?

If you need any extra information let me know, I have not flashed this motherboard since i bought it.

Any extra information on flashing bios is appreciated aswell, it is a bit daunting the first time :)

Solution
I am planning to upgrade from a ryzen 2200g to a ryzen 5 2600 to accommodate my gtx 1070 (which is severely bottle necked at the moment). Bios flashing is something I have never done, and I am looking for some insight. I understand that it comes with its risks, but is overall safe and needed to keep bios running properly.
Will my pc work the same with my 2200g if I flash the bios to latest version before getting my ryzen 5 2600?
If the question seems hard to answer let me explain a little. My motherboard is a b450m asrock steel legend, I am getting my new cpu in a few weeks, but I want to have my system ready to put the cpu in and go. So if I flash my bios now, will my 2200g work properly...

kanewolf

Titan
If the question seems hard to answer let me explain a little. My motherboard is a b450m asrock steel legend, I am getting my new cpu in a few weeks, but I want to have my system ready to put the cpu in and go. So if I flash my bios now, will my 2200g work properly until I can switch my cpu out for the new one?

If you need any extra information let me know, I have not flashed this motherboard since i bought it.

Any extra information on flashing bios is appreciated aswell, it is a bit daunting the first time :)
The minimum BIOS requirements for the 2200G and the 2600 are the same -- https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/#CPU You don't HAVE to do a BIOS upgrade.

Reactions: Jackie23
Solution