BIOS for Gateway 614GE

mark

I have a gateway 614GE based on the MSI MS-6741 motherboard. I have flashed
the bios from the MSI website and my copy of the original gateway branded
OEM BIOS is corrupted. the original version was 3.4B1.

If anyone owns one of these systems I would appreciate it if you could make
a copy of the Gateway OEM BIOS with the AMI flash tool and make the file
available for download.

Gateway and MSI cannot help me.

thanks,
Mark

They could help you, but they won't. MSI's deal with Gateway is typical OEM.
Gateway bought the boards and owns 100% of the tech support for the boards. MSI
does not want to hear about it. Gateway paid far less for the boards than
retail in return for total ownership of the tech support. If the motherboard is
under warranty, Gateway will replace the board. Otherwise, you are on your own.

If you can't get a fresh copy of the Gateway OEM BIOS or the BIOS update does
not work, you'll need to be in the market for a new board. There are companies
who will help you, but they charge as much to reflash the BIOS as a replacement
board costs... Ben Myers

Mark wrote:
> I have a gateway 614GE based on the MSI MS-6741 motherboard. I have flashed
> the bios from the MSI website and my copy of the original gateway branded
> OEM BIOS is corrupted. the original version was 3.4B1.
>
> If anyone owns one of these systems I would appreciate it if you could make
> a copy of the Gateway OEM BIOS with the AMI flash tool and make the file
> available for download.
>
> Gateway and MSI cannot help me.
>
> thanks,
> Mark

Does the computer still work? Which motherboard is it? The MSI 6741 ID
is for both the K8TM-ILSR, and K8MM-ILSR and these have different BIOS.

mark

Yes, the computer still works fine. The motherboard is the K8MM-ILSR
(MS-6741). I would just like a copy of the original Gateway branded BIOS in
the event I need to restore the system back to an "as shipped"
configuration. My copy on floppy is corrupted.

-- Mark

"gdp" <gdp416@cox.invalid> wrote in message
> Mark wrote:
>> I have a gateway 614GE based on the MSI MS-6741 motherboard. I have
>> flashed the bios from the MSI website and my copy of the original gateway
>> branded OEM BIOS is corrupted. the original version was 3.4B1.
>>
>> If anyone owns one of these systems I would appreciate it if you could
>> make a copy of the Gateway OEM BIOS with the AMI flash tool and make the
>> file available for download.
>>
>> Gateway and MSI cannot help me.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Mark
> Does the computer still work? Which motherboard is it? The MSI 6741 ID
> is for both the K8TM-ILSR, and K8MM-ILSR and these have different BIOS.

Oh! That's different than what I thought the problem was from your first
posting. I thought that the BIOS on the motherboard was corrupted. You have a
much less serious problem there... Ben Myers