Question BIOS Freezes after installing PM961 M.2 NVMe ?

Nov 25, 2020
l checked out all other parts: video, ram, cpu, everthing works and always worked.
but after m.2 ssd installation . bios freezes and sometimes no booting logo and no booting at all.

sometimes not booting and freezing windows after 2-15 Minutes sometimes it working for hours and then freezing.

i almost read all forum threads about same problem but none solution helped me...

any ideas?

Nov 25, 2020
Now i changed bios config and installed windows again. and it crashed after 2O min error code: driver irql not less or equal

and same got problem again what i said first in post

EDIT: now i have installed this drivers Samsung NVMe

but this is for Samsung 950-980 Evos and mine is PM961

its almost working for 15 minutes right now. i dont think everything is solved... i will wait for another crash... or bios freez.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020
latest mobo bios?
yes of course

EDIT: STILL GETTING BSOD ERRORS, NOW IT WAS: pafe fault in nonpaged area

and then pc restarted itself by kernel shutdown

then got bsod at start: system service exception

after restart i got windows recovery screen : "it looks like windows didnt loas correctly"

after all i restarted and still got: "irql not less or equal" BSOD

i can say that now i cant even boot. it gives all time bsod errors.

no any BIOS CONFIF AND ANY WINDOWS REINSTALL HELPED ME. STILL FREEZIND CRASHING EVERYTHING.

should i remove m.2 and back to sata SSD?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020
i dont have. i have to find a guy who can help me to test it.

i though there was another way to find out what the hell is happening. for ex: changing bios settings to raid from ahci and etc....

but i tried. almost everything

ans this errors and freezes was started after m.2. isstallation and now it happens without m.2 too

i dont have any ideas left.

if there is no solution i will try to test parts on another system.

thanks for replies.

p.s
oh i remember now that i broke very very very small thing on motherboard while putting ram sticks. but i can say that that allllll was happening arleady before that broke.