[SOLVED] BIOS frozen but can still access PC?

hunturd

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I've been having Ethernet problems for a few weeks now and have tried many things to resolve the issue. I finally said it was time to update the bios and did it the laziest way. I SELECTED UPDATE THROUGH INTERNET... Now the BIOS is practically frozen and everything says N/A. I went and got a USB so I could update it the true "pc gamer way" and I cant even do that. Now I can't use my bios and my Ethernet still doesn't work :( PLEASE HELP ME!

Solution
Try resetting the CMOS on the motherboard itself. Some motherboards have a dedicated button or jumper to do this, on others you simply remove the battery, wait 5-10 mins, then reinstall the battery. No guarantees.

And next time...if you're having internet issues, the worst possible thing you can do is use the internet to update your bios. You may very well turn your motherboard into a doorstop.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
Try resetting the CMOS on the motherboard itself. Some motherboards have a dedicated button or jumper to do this, on others you simply remove the battery, wait 5-10 mins, then reinstall the battery. No guarantees.

And next time...if you're having internet issues, the worst possible thing you can do is use the internet to update your bios. You may very well turn your motherboard into a doorstop.

Solution